The stimulant drug Adderall 10 mg is a combo of two medicines: amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It is used in treating ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) and narcolepsy. It is the first-choice treatment for ADHD; it improves focus ability and reduces impulsive behavior. It is also helpful in making a person
(with narcolepsy) awake in the daytime. The generic version of Adderall 10 mg is called amphetamine salts.
Around 75% of children who have ADHD will see improvement with the use of Adderall.
It comes in two forms:
- Adderall oral tablet
- Adderall XR extended-release oral capsule
Adderall has a history of abuse because it makes people feel great and other reasons.
What is Adderall 10 mg and why you should know about this particular dose?
It is a lower dosage of Adderall, and it comes in immediate or time-release tablets. It stimulates the activity of the brain and central nervous system. It changes the brains neurotransmitter behavior. An Adderall 10 mg immediate-release pill would be round, convex blue tablet printed with “AD” on one side “10 mg” on the other. The Adderall XR 10 mg capsule is blue and with one transparent side. It has the print of Adderall XR 10 mg.
Forms and doses of Adderall
Adderall 10 mg is available in both immediate and time-release form. The other types of Adderall such as Adderall XR come in Extended-release and time-release capsules, its doses begin at 5 mg and after that 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 25 mg, and 30 mg. Adderall IR comes in the doses from 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, and 30.
Mainly the dosage depends upon the patient mental health and response to the treatment, and your doctor will adjust your doses to find the best dose for you. Follow all the instructions carefully of your health care expert to get better results.
What is the Duration of Adderall 10 mg?
Generally, Adderall 10 mg lasts in your system for 4 to 5 hours, but everyone who is taking this drug not having the same response. This depends upon the patient’s weight, overall health, and he metabolizes the drug. If someone is new to this drug, he might feel strong effects, and over time they will get decreased. Generally, the doctor starts the medication with a low dosage (such as 5 mg or 10 mg) and increases the dosage over time. Prolonged use of this drug with the same dosage, then the duration become shorter.
Adderall XR 10 mg go much longer duration then Adderall IR. Generally, the dose of XR lasts up to 10 hours, but mainly it depends upon the individual’s characteristics.
Side Effects of Adderall 10 mg
It is possible to feel the side effects of Adderall 10mg, but its effects wouldn’t be severe, because it is considered as a low dosage drug.
Some of the common side effects include:
- Loss of appetite.
- Dry mouth
- Trouble sleeping
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
Severe Side effects:
- Pounding or fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in Chest
- Numbness of arms and leg
- Hostile behaviour
- Blistering or peeling skin
Swelling in face, throat or tongue
These side effects may be severe or as well as fatal if they are not treated well. NIH says anyone who is experiencing such symptoms during the medication should contact their expert immediately.
- Always consult your health expert before starting the medication. First, confirm that it is right for you or not.
- Avoid using the medication in the late evening to reduce the risk of Insomnia.
- It can be taken with or without meals, do not take it with beverages.
- Never increase or decrease the dosage without the doctor’s advice
- Sudden disruption can overcome withdrawal symptoms.
- If your child recommends social or educational treatment include him with another psychiatric, as long it is not an emergency, do not use the medication of Adderall.
- Place the drug out of reach of children or anyone.
- Do not try to crush, chew, or snort the medication.
- Alcohol should be avoided because it will contribute to the effects.
- If you have any sensitivity, sharpness, skin changes, or unwanted wounds seek emergency medical help or advice immediately.
- Using the medication properly give more benefits to you, always remember to take the dosage at the same time daily or as preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions About Adderall
- Can I use alcohol with Adderall 10 mg?
Adderall and alcohol should never be used together weather it is Adderall 10 mg or any other variation of Adderall. Using alcohol while having the medication of Adderall can expose the patient to many severe side effects of Adderall. The patient should avoid using drink or any alcoholic beverage while having this medication.
- Can someone get high on Adderall?
Adderall may make you high when you first start taking its medication. However, the senior patients are prone to the dependence of Adderall or any other stimulant medicine.
Take the medication of Adderall as long as you need it and how long you have prescribed for. Never alter the dosage time and strength of this medication. Your doctor knows better how long you should continue this medication. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist for a better understanding of safe usage of Adderall 10 mg.
- Is Adderall bad for your health?
Your doctor has prescribed you the medication of Adderall because he/she finds the maximum benefits rather than the side effects of Adderall. Adderall is not bad for your health until you use it as prescribed according to the directions given by the doctor. It is dangerous less than heroin, more than valium because of its high potential of abuse. Adderall is prone to addiction when used abruptly.
- Can Adderall help with worry?
It is not approved to treat anxiety, but some physicians may write Adderall to treat social anxiety. It can boost your socialism, self-confidence, and level of energy. It can help in feeling more optimistic and promoting mood.