Clevidipine sold under the brand name Cleviprex is a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker designated to reduce blood pressure when a person cannot take oral or mouth or they do not want oral therapy.
Also, it was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration on August 1, 2008. Furthermore, it comes in the form of an injection. It has to get injected into the body to make it work effectively to deal with high blood pressure or hypertension in people.
Moreover, it is insoluble in water. Also, it contains soybean oil, glycerin, purified egg yolk phospholipids, oleic acid, disodium edetate, and sodium hydroxide.
What is Cleviprex ?
Cleviprex is usually used for treating the problem of high blood pressure in people who cannot or refuse to take oral medicines. Therefore, it can also be used for many other purposes which are not written on the medication guide such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Hypertensive renal disease
- Renovascular hypertension
- Hypertensive retinopathy
And many other hypertensive diseases.
Side effects of taking Cleviprex
Cleviprex has several serious side effects which include the following:
- chest pain;
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- severe dizziness or confusion;
- vision problems;
- shortness of breath; or
- swelling in your hands or feet
If you get any signs of the listed above, you need to inform your physician right away and get medical help as soon as possible.
Some signs of allergic reaction of taking Cleviprex are: hives, difficulty in breathing, swollen lips, face, tongue or throat.
Some other common side effects of it are:
- nausea or
How does it work in the body?
Cleviprex works by relaxing the blood vessels as a result of which the heart pumps blood more conveniently. It is injected into the body directly in the vein by a professional health caretaker. Cleviprex is usable for many uses. Also it is mainly function to achieve desired blood pressure level.
There are some precautions you need to take before ingesting cleviprex in your body:
- You should not consume this if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- People suffering from high cholesterol should avoid these.
- A person suffering from liver or kidney disease should not intake cleviprex injections.
- Persons with heart diseases should not to consume these as it can result in various side effects.
- Besides, women who are pregnant or have small babies should not ingest these injections as it can harm the unborn baby as well as the infant while breastfeeding
As a conclusion we can say that cleviprex is a medicine to treat high blood pressure and many other hypertensive diseases. Therefore, it works by relaxing the blood vessels as a result of which the heart pumps blood more conveniently.
Additionally, it also has many side effects so one should inject this medicine into your body when prescribed by a professional.
Also you need to take some precautions before taking this injection or else it could have some side effects too.
Leave a Reply