The Neuroscience of Seizure: Is an abnormal electrical signal is a myth?
As we always heard about the Binary language of “1s” & “0s”. Does our brain understand the same Binary signals? Well, the human’s neurotransmitter uses “spike” or “no spike” signals. Thus, it means 86 billion neurons perform electrical signals on any particular information or action of thinking so, as the symptoms of seizure interrupts the configuration of the neurons. Additionally, it varies from person to person due to different health condition.
What is Seizure, and how it affects the brain neurons?
- However, it’s a condition of abnormal electrical fluctuation in the brain.
- During this situation, unnecessary electrical signals interrupt the neurons.
- Furthermore, it contains the shivering and abnormal activity of the body.
- Hence, it leads to physical and psychological injury.
- Even in 2015, 3.4 million nationwide people had active Epilepsy that contains 3 million adults and 470,000 children.
What are the types of Seizures?
However, it affects a different part of the brain. That decide its type and the depth of the condition.
Hence, the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) introduces various types of seizures in 2017.
Several different types of Seizure:
- Focal or partial seizures:
- It occurs, in particular, in one or more areas of one side of the brain.
- Hence, it makes the person numb and unconscious.
- This type of Seizure is characterizing in the term of Simple and complex focal Seizure.
- Generalized Seizures:
- It involves both sides of the brain.
- And, even it lowers the consciousness of the person.
- Therefore, it also affects unnecessary acts of the body.
- Absence seizure, Atonic, Grand mal seizure, Myoclonic, Febrile and Infantile Seizure are other categories.
Did you know?
- However, Epilepsy is the most common neurological disease.
- Approximately 150,000 Americans are diagnoses with this mental illness.
- Therefore, few people know about Neurons and Glial cells.
- 75% of the brain contains water.
- The chemical configuration of the brain causes brain illness.
- Besides, insomnia can cause Alzheimer’s and lowers the memory that shrinks the brain.
- There are 10X Glial cells.
Which part of the brain is highly effective from Seizure epilepsy?
- The effect of Seizure starts from the temporal lobe.
- In which the hippocampus changes the brain activity.
- In children, its impact on the temporal and the frontal lobe.
- If the effects get excessive, then the hippocampus starts to shrink and small.
- However, it makes our mental health numb and unconscious.
What are the symptoms and the signs of Seizure?
The symptoms of Seizure depend on the particular types of it.
- Stiffening of the body
- Freezing body moments
- Blur vision and light twitches
- Extreme fear of anxiousness
- Biting your tongue
- Clenching your teeth
- Immediate mood swings
- Rapid eye moments
- On the spot falling
- Verbal stress or not able to respond to it
- Bluish lips
What are the causes of Seizure?
- Firstly, it can be genetic and cause during the age.
- Secondly, the recreational consumption of sodium and glucose in the blood.
- Thirdly, some brain infections, such as meningitis and encephalitis.
- Therefore, some brain injury during the period of childbirth and labor.
- And, electrical shock, drug abuse, or excessive consumption of alcohol.
Note: If you’re facing such symptoms of Seizure during pregnancy, then consult your doctor. It can affect your baby or childbirth.
What is the diagnostic test of it?
However, a professional neurologist examines the condition. They observe your previous and current mental health conditions, in the manner of physical examination, diagnostic test, or more.
Here’re some tests:
- It’s the procedure that records electrical activity in the brain.
- Electrodes attached to the scalp that provides the sensation of the brain neurons.
- Blood test
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI):
- It produces detailed images of the organs and the structure of the body.
- Hence, it contains large magnets, computer, and radio frequencies.
- Computed tomography scan (CT or CAT scan):
- It shows a detailed image of bones, muscle, fat, and organs.
- That’s why it is prefer to scan the brain organs in detail.
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
What is the right treatment for Seizure?
Even, the diagnosis of this mental illness depends on the type of seizure epilepsy. Notable, to gather some serious symptoms please consult to the doctor.
Firstly , it is necessary to consult a specialist. Thereafter, , they prescribe you the right medication and therapies after the complete observation of the symptoms of Seizure.
- Lamotrigine (Lamictal)
- Oxcarbazepine (Oxtellar, Trileptal)
- Topiramate (Topamax)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek)
So, the case goes out of the hand the please consult your doctor for the right prescription for the diagnosis of it.
Did you know that?
- Therefore, seizure changes the shape and structure of the brain.
- Even 3 out of 10 children are facing this disorder during autism spectrum disorder.
What happens when a seizure increases?
- Incomplete brain development
- Low level of blood circulation
- Trouble in breathing
- Weak Metabolism
- Brain tumor
- Head trauma
- Genetic factors
- Down syndrome
- Angelman’s syndrome
- Alzheimer’s diseases
What is Epilepsy?
- Meanwhile if the Seizure is happening more than 2 to 3 times, then it’s the condition of Epilepsy.
- There’re 65 million people around the world having this condition.
- Hence, it commonly happens in children.
- In adults, it occurs more than in men.
- However, the primary cause is stress and anxiety disorder.
What are the organic ways to treat seizure epilepsy?
Hence, you can try various organic ways that treat this condition and makes you fit and fine.
- Herbal treatment: Such as hydrocotyle, burning bush, valerian, or more. Hence, the study of 2003 shows that these remedies prevent the symptoms of Seizure.
- Vitamins: Vitamin B-6, Magnesium, Vitamin E, and other supplements are beneficial.
- Self-control: Do meditation and practice self-control on your thoughts. You’ll win upon anxiety that reduces the symptoms of Epilepsy.
- Acupuncture and Chemotherapy
- Workout and Yoga
Therefore, the neurology of the brain is filled with various neurons and nerves. So, Seizure is the electrical fluctuation that reflects in the abnormal behavior of a person.
Now, you understand how this condition affects the brain nerves. For example, it is necessary to take care of your brain and nerves. Hence, Healthy Neurons and Glial cells are the reason for a healthy brain. So, be calm and meditate daily because your mental health is real that’s what makes you feel healthy. That’s why taking care of yourself is necessary.