What Is Adderall XR 10mg?
Know About Adderall XR 10mg Dosage, Uses and Side Effects –
Adderall XR 10mg is the extended-release version of Adderall. It is classified as a Schedule II controlled substance under the CSA (Controlled Substance Act), and it is also a CNS stimulant. It is used to treat ADHD and Narcolepsy in both adults and children.
It works by increasing the certain neurotransmitters present in the brain, and regulates attention and focusing ability.
Buying or taking Adderall without a prescription is illegal.
Description Of Adderall XR
Adderall XR 10mg comes as a blue half-transparent capsule. Imprint with “Adderall XR” on the blue side and “10 mg” on the transparent side. The other strengths of Adderall XR are 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 25mg, and 30mg.
Adderall XR is extended-version of Adderall that means it stays longer in the body and taken only once in a day while Adderall is taken multiple times a day.
Dosage of Adderall XR
Adderall XR is an extended-release capsule, there is only a single dose taken once daily rather than in divided doses. The maximum dosage of XR is 40 mg a day, but your doctor will prescribe not to cross the limit of XR more than 30 mg a day. It is beneficial to take its lower initial dosage daily.
The recommended dosage for an adolescent is 10 mg per day for starting a treatment or as prescribed.
Note: The dosage of Adderall depends upon the patient’s condition, age, sex, and reaction towards it. Making any dosage without consulting a doctor can be harmful.
The side effects of Adderall XR 10mg include:
- loss of hunger
- low/high blood pressure
- trouble sleeping
- Before using the medication, tell your doctor if you have any allergies, including mental, physical, medicinal, or other.
- Do not mix it with alcohol or other medicines that make you dizzier.
- Do not share the medication with anyone or place it in a safe area.
- Do not crush, chew, bite, or snort the medication.
- Do not buy Adderall XR without prescription; they are illegal without a prescription.
- If you have liver disease, take it with caution.