What Is Adderall XR 20 mg?
Know About Adderall XR 20mg Dosage, Uses and Side Effects –
Adderall XR 20 mg is the extended-release version of Adderall. It is used to treat ADHD and Narcolepsy in both adults and children.
It works by increasing the certain neurotransmitters present in the brain, and regulates attention and focusing ability. Athletes use this medication to improve their performance. It is a Schedule II controlled substance classified by the CSA (Controlled Substance Act), Buying or taking Adderall without a prescription is illegal.
Adderall XR 20 mg is a CNS stimulant that directly works on the brain. It comes as an oral capsule form and orange in color. It is imprinted as “ADDERALL XR” and “20 mg”. It stays longer in the body and taken only once in a day while Adderall is taken multiple times a day.
Generally, a doctor administers Adderall XR in a lower dosage to avoid its side effects. The maximum dosage for children up to 6-12 years with renal impairment is 20 mg once daily.
Note: The dosage of Adderall depends upon the patient’s condition, age, sex, and reaction towards it. Making any dosage without consulting a doctor can be harmful.
Side effects of Adderall XR come when it is taken more than one time a day or in high dosage. It can also happen even with proper prescription usage. Consult a doctor when you get unwanted symptoms.
The side effects of Adderall XR 20 mg include:
- low/high blood pressure
- trouble sleeping
- loss of hunger
- Do not buy Adderall XR without prescription; they are illegal without a prescription.
- Do not share the medication with anyone.
- Do not crush, chew, bite, or snort the medication.
- Before using the medication, tell your doctor if you have any allergies, including mental, physical, medicinal, or other.
- Do not mix it with alcohol or other medications that make you weaker.
- If you have a liver disorder, take it with caution.