Clonazepam 1mg | Clonazepam Uses, Dosage, and Side effects
Clonazepam 1mg is a tranquilizer that treats seizures, panic disorders, or akathisia (a movement disorder). It is the brand medicine of Klonopin.
However, it may also be used for purposes that are not listed here. Additionally, it is an oral medication that reaches its peak effects within an hour. And, its effects last up to 6 to 12 hours after the last dose.
Clonazepam 1mg is an effective remedy for REM sleep behavior disorder (RBD). Besides, it comes from the benzodiazepines family whose primary use is in seizures.
How to use Clonazepam?
Clonazepam is an adult medication that treats seizures, panic disorder, or anxiety disorder. Use it exactly as prescribed, do not make any changes in the dosages. Misuse can lead to side effects, withdrawals, or habit-formation. However, medicine is only beneficial under medical supervision.
- take the pill at the same time each day;
- do not make changes in strengths or dosages else you may suffer from withdrawals;
- Moreover, carefully read the label and follow all the instruction of your health expert;
- do not crush or chew swallow the pill, take it whole with an adequate amount of water;
- You have to make frequent medical tests while using the therapy.
- And, also take care of your diet during the therapy.
Before using Clonazepam1mg, tell your doctor if you:
- taking other tranquilizers
- addicted to alcohol or other drugs
- have diseases such a liver, kidney, heart, mental disorders;
- use it as a short-term medication only.
Usual Dosages for Seizures Prophylaxis: Clonazepam 1 to 1.5 mg a day divided into three doses, take an increment only on expert guidance.
The maximum daily dosage is 20 mg a day.
Usual Dosages for Panic disorder: The initial dosage is 0.25 mg two times daily.
Maintainance dosage is 1 mg orally a day, and the maximum dosage is 4 mg a day.
Side effects of Clonazepam
The side effects of Clonazepam 1mg include:
- body aches
- difficulty breathing
- ear congestion
- feeling sad or empty
- tiredness trouble in sleeping
Call 911 to contact in emergency medical help. However, consult with your doctor if these effects happen during the treatment.
Despite the side effects, Clonazepam is beneficial when you take it under medical supervision. Moreover, you may discuss it with the doctor, if any doubts about the medicine or you do not understand.