Vicodin 5/500mg is a narcotic combination of medicines for treating moderate to severe pain. It has a combination of Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen. It comes in a white colour oral tablet form. Hydrocodone present in it is an opioid pain reliever while Acetaminophen is a non-opioid pain reliever. It directly works on the brain and changes the respond of the body towards pain.
Vicodin 5 mg Dosage
Vicodin 5 mg is the lowest dosage strength that is prescribed at the beginning of the medication.
The usual dosage for adults is Vicodin 5 mg every four to six-hour or as prescribed. Generally, the doctor gives increment on the dosage according to the health condition of the patient.
Note: This Vicodin 5 mg is not recommended for children below six years of age.
Vicodin 5 mg is an oral tablet and a prescription medication that is illegal to use without a prescription. It is a capsule-shape white colour oral tablet that is debossed as “VICODIN” on the front, and another side is partially bisected.
Side effects of Vicodin 5 mg
If someone overdoses this medicine to get faster relief than side effects can happen. In other cases, side effects can also occur, but they can be treated. Call 911 for emergency medical help. It has common as well as rare side effects such as:
- Shallow breathing
- Difficulty waking up
- Mood swings
- Difficulty in urinating
- Follow all the given instructions of your doctor carefully when you get prescribed for Vicodin 5 mg.
- Do not take it without a prescription.
- Do not overdose or misuse it.
- Vicodin 5 mg can make you dizzy, so it is not advisable to pay heavy duty.
- It is not recommended for diabetes patients.
- Do not take it in overdose or double dose take it exactly as prescribed.
- Do not crush, chew, bite, or dissolve the medication to use.
- Do not share this medicine with anyone.